This is a Beta version of the Global AI Ship Traffic Ultra version including additional models, additional routes and not least effects on more than 90% of the ships. The remaining will be added in the final version around the beginning of April.
The Global AI Ship Traffic Project provides AI ship traffic accross the globe with realistic models of real life ships of all types from fishing boats to cruise ships, from tugs to tankers, container ships, and bulk carriers, from patrol boats to submarines, destroyers and aircraft carriers. Once fully updated more than 1400 ships including close to 700 unique models are placed on routes all over the world according to what is realistic for each region. More than a hundred ferry routes are covered with their specific ferries and you will find naval exercises with Navy ships from most regions. Watch a full scale NATO landing excercise on the West Coast of the Jutland Peninsula in Denmark or the Brazilian or Chinese navies doing the same in their respective areas. Watch the departure of a Tall Ship race from Saint Malo, Kiel or Sandefjord or a round the world sail race departing from Gothenburg... Go looking for Maersk Alabama in the exact spot she was attacked by pirates of the coast of Somalia as later depicted in the movie Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks. More than 30.000 ship movements ensure that the sea is no longer empty.
Models and textures by Erwin Welker, Jean-Pierre Fillion, Knud Kristoffersen, Martin Rueedi, Dexter, Milton Shupe, Manfred Siedler, Bernardo Barroso, Paul Donnelly, Finn Kristoffer, Didier ‘‘Lagaffe’’ Puentes, Andrew Thomsen, Robystar, Antonio Diaz, Sebastien Viale, Alberto Garcia, Cxema, Pascal Dumat, Rick Keller, Lazarus Starkweather, Dave Garwood, Darren Lane; Henrik Nielsen, and more
A great thank also to the many beta testers and a special thanks to the shipping company DFDS for providing documentation to make realistic models of their fleet of passenger and freight ferries.
Idea and conceptualisation Henrik Nielsen, KL791
For support and additional information please follow our threads on the project on forums.flightsimulator.com, avsim.com, fsdeveloper.com, sim-outhouse.com in English, on flightsim.no in Norwegian and Danish, on voovirtual.com in Portuguese, and pilote-virtuel.com in French.
Installation is simple: unzip and drop in your Community folder. Ensure you traffic settings for Ships and Ferries are 5-10% to avoid conflicts with other AI ship traffic including default.
Make sure to remove GAIST MSFS V1 and the GAIST MSFS V1 CVT or the GAIST MSFS V2 folder before installation.
- Models do not have hard decks - it will be reintroduced as soon as enabled for simobjects by Asobo
- Effects will display best with ground wind setting between 5 - 15 knots. Below this wind speed not much to see, above they will look exagerated-
- The MSFS engine is simple and not very stable; ships will sometimes be unstable or making strange movements if they meet other objects
- Not all ships appear in harbor areas with heavy scenery; some prioritization by the sim engine can prevent some ships from showing
- As we have had to update more than 10000+ textures and hundreds of models files, we do expect some glitches - if you find something really disturbing please send me a PM here or comment on forums.flightsimulator.com
Referencing or any other use or sharing of the models included in Global AI Ship Traffic can only happen after written permit by the copyright holders.