Improvement mod for the Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 included with any version of MSFS.
This project aims to provide a more realistic experience when flying the legendary Douglas DC-3 in MSFS.
Current improvements (work in progress) :
- improved low-speed and in-ground-effect characteristics
- replaced windshield windows detail map, with more accurate and high res textures
- engine and flight model adjustments, stability, and accuracy improvements
- default camera position adjusted to a more usable position for most setups
- instrument views reworked with five more added for a total of ten (list available under notes at the bottom of this page)
- fuel consumption adjusted to better fit real-world numbers
- custom engine start-up logic
- manual supercharger control
- carb heat indications fixed
- oil temperature and pressure reworked
- auxiliary tank fix (for the enhanced version, they are fine in the default)
- cockpit quickviews fix
- adds a heat blur effect to the engine exhaust
- fuel booster pump sound events corrected
- initial external lights rework (credit to @Delta2k5)
- PR, DE, JP, ES, and IT localization fixes (by LincolnCFCruz, St54Kevin, cubna4, nataliacd1972 )
- ... plus some minor tweaks and fixes with more to come in the future.
Copy or extract the content of the archive to your community folder.
Drop by the Duckworks discord for further assistance, and bug or testing reports. If you wish to have a version with a specific feature removed, also feel free to ask on discord.
Custom instrument views:
1 - Pilot Panel
2 - Middle Panel
3 - Copilot Panel
4 - Pedestal
5 - Under Pedestal
6 - Overhead
7 - Sperry Pilot / GPS console
8 - Cowlings / Hydr Pressure
9 - Hydraulic Levers
Check out this check-list from simchanneldeluxe.