This mod applies exclusion polygons to areas covered in water in order to uncover them. It also removes erroneously placed trees around water areas. No scenery objects were added.
This mod fixes the following issues to the default scenery located in New York City, New York, USA. This covers as far north as the Bronx, and as far south as Staten Island. It covers areas around Kennedy (KJFK) and LaGuardia (KLGA) airports. I do not use other freeware or payware in the area, so I don't know if this conflicts with other third party mods.
Starting with Version 1.1 – this is now a modular installation, in order to accommodate those who might have some other 3rd-party scenery bridges.
- If you do not have any alternate shareware/freeware bridge scenery, install both "nycnywaterfix" and “nycnywaterfixoptionalbridges” into your Community folder.
- If you have other shareware/freeware bridge scenery (or you just don’t want water fixes at the bridges), place a copy of only "nycnywaterfix" into your Community Folder (do not install “nycnywaterfixoptionalbridges”).
V1.1b Hotfix Release Notes: Do you want/need it?
- you installed V1.1 and you have 3rd party bridge scenery, this fixes the issue with the Rikers Island bridge water exclusion showing up
- you only have V1.0
- you have V1.1 and you don’t have 3rd party bridge scenery
V1.1 Release Notes:
- Now a modular installation for those who may have scenery packs of NY and/or NJ bridges. Please see install notes. I've removed water exclusions from under the bridges in the stock file, and put those fixes in a separate optional file. Thanks Oozler for the testing!
- Uncovered additional areas in Staten Island, including Shooters Island, stuff around the Recycling plant, Staten Island Boat Graveyard
- Uncovered sunken areas around Kennedy Airport
- Fixed some inland roads throughout that were covered in water, and additional piers throughout
- Refined some lines, did additional cleanup of trees, etc.
V1.0 Release notes, fixes the following areas:
- Corrects issue of various roads and bridges appearing underwater throughout. Corrections were done on stock bridges (not mods/freeware/payware). I do not have other bridges installed for comparison.
- Uncovered various docks, ships, piers, and walkways along the Lower Bay, Upper Bay, Hudson River (New York and New Jersey sides), as well as the East River. I also uncovered things I probably shouldn't have uncovered around Staten Island :).
- Restores visibility of marinas at City Island, Evers, Locust Point, Liberty Harbor, Grand Cove, Tottenville, Great Kills Harbor
- Uncovered underwater islands at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge
- Removed trees from ships and cargo along water areas
- Basically everywhere you see RED in the screenshot, I uncovered water or removed vegetation
Water fix - Orange County, California, USA (ocwaterfix)
Water fix – Los Angeles County, California, USA (lawaterfix)
Water fix – San Diego County, California, USA (sdwaterfix)
Water fix – Ventura County, California, USA (vcwaterfix)
Water fix – Santa Barbara County, California, USA (sbwaterfix)
Water fix – Santa Cruz County, California, USA (scwaterfix)
Water fix - Monterey County, California, USA (mowaterfix)
Water fix – San Francisco County, California, USA (sfwaterfix)
Water fix – San Mateo County, California, USA (smwaterfix)
Water fix – Alameda County, California, USA (acwaterfix)
Water fix – Suffolk County, Massachusetts, USA (sufcmawaterfix)
Water fix - Florida Keys, Florida, USA (keysflwaterfix)
Water fix - Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA (miadcflwaterfix)
Water fix - Marin County, California, USA (mcwaterfix)
Water fix - Baltimore County, Maryland, USA (baltcmdwaterfix)
Water fix - Atlantic County and Cape May County, New Jersey, USA (atlcnjwaterfix)
Water fix - Washington D.C., USA (washdcwaterfix)
For other foliage and water cleanup throughout the US, check in with FreakyD.