Requests are an essential part of our site. Since Flightsim.to was founded, more than 10 thousand requests for liveries and scenery have been created, of which almost 4 thousand have already been processed by creators. We have taken this as an opportunity to make some changes.
- There are very, very many old requests from last year, whose requestor is most likely not even active anymore or has already forgotten about his or her request. And in order to keep the sheer volume of requests in check and to maintain an overview, we have decided to limit requests to a period of 6 months or 180 days. What does that mean? Once a request has been created, it remains online for six months. During this time, creators can accept to complete the request. If the request has not been accepted within this 6 months, the request will be deleted. However, if the requestor is still interested, he can create a new request as a follow-up. Thereby we hope to bring some overview into the jungle. But there is *one *exception to this: Requests that are followed by more than** 10 other people** by ticking "I want this too" will remain online even after 6 months.
Requests for Aircraft Registrations
- In addition, we no longer allow requests for individual aircraft registrations, if the base livery has already been created. Of course, special paintings may still be requested. But as an example: If someone has created a Lufthansa livery for the A32NX with the registration D-AIPA, we do not allow a new request for the same livery, only with the registration D-AIPB. We will consider this as a duplicate from now on. Makes sense, doesn't it?
- NEW The window in which the requests are opened is now larger than before. We implemented minor design adjustments and unification. Additionally, you can now mark requests as already created, accept and report requests on-the-fly, which means that the page will not reload after these actions. Previously, reloading the page meant that the previous searches and the current position in the list were lost when one of the actions was performed. That was pretty annoying and it took a lot of time to get back to the right page or previous position in the list. That has now been improved.
Option to step back without penalty
- NEW Creators can now back out of a request without penalty if someone else has already completed the request before them. In some cases, a creator has accepted a request, but someone else created it faster or the request even had already been completed. The only way to step back in these cases was coupled with a karma penalty of 200 karma. We now allow undoing their offer without the penalty if the request was already created by someone else.
Fixed a Reporting bug
- FIX Apparently there was an error last week which resulted in requests marked as completed and requests reports not being saved in the system, although a successful message was issued to the user. We apologize for this, it is now fixed.