The Hughes H-1 racer, designed by Howard Hughes and Richard Palmer and built by Glenn Odekirk, was developed to be the fastest landplane in the world. On September 13, 1935, Hughes achieved this design goal by flying the H-1 to a new world speed record of 567 kilometers (352 miles) per hour at Santa Ana, California.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 27 ft 0 in (8.23 m)
- Wingspan: 31 ft 9 in (9.67 m)
- Height: 8 ft 0 in (2.4 m)
- Wing area: 138 sq ft (12.8 m2)
- Empty weight: 3,565 lb (1,620 kg)
- Gross weight: 5,492 lb (2,496 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney R-1535 radial engine, 700 hp (521 kW) Modified for 1000 hp
- Maximum speed: 352 mph (566 km/h, 306 kn).
This aircraft is our rendition of the original H-1 Racer. We did our best to capture as many of the original H-1's features and specs as we could, but also added a variety of custom/creative additions as well.
- Responsive and fun flight model
- Lots of Interactable Switches/Levers
- Fuel Pump and Fuel Transfer Switches
- Dust and Smoke FX
- Hydraulic Landing Gear with Gravity Operated Emergency Gear
- ADF Navigation System
- Removeable Canopy
- Strobe, Landing, Interior and Nav Lights
- New Propeller Simulation (NPS)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- And More!
- 4K PBR Textures
- Detailed Model
- 5 Aerobatic Smoke FX
- 12 Liveries (1 based on original H-1, 11 Fictional)
- Camera Views
- Weather Preset "August 1935"
- User Manual
- Dano(TNBNDR) (Lead Mechanic) - Flight modeling, Engine configuration, Quality Control, general assistance and reccomendations as well as a many, many hours of flight testing and fixes.
- HCG (Lead Developer) - 3D Modeling, Textures, Animations, Programming, FX, Sound, overall design and build.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX 570 or GeForce GTX 770 or better
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 1.9 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB